Our Managing Partner
Prof. Dr. Frans H. Winarta, S.H., M.H., FCBArb., MCIArb.
Born in Bandung, 17 September 1943.
Bachelor degree in law at the Parahyangan Catholic University (1970); Notary Course (1979); Master degree at the University of Indonesia (1999); Ph.D at the Padjadjaran University (2007); and Professor of Pelita Harapan University.
Appointed as Arbitrator :
- Indonesian National Board of Arbitration (BANI) as of 21 February 2001;
- International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Paris for the term of 1 January 2006 until 30 June 2018;
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC), appointed by the Executive Committee of the SIAC as of 20 July 2011;
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA), appointed by the Director of the KLRCA for the term of 2016 to 2019;
- Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration (SCIA), appointed as a member of the Panel of Arbitrators for the term of December 2012 to 30 November 2015.
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre Intellectual Property (SIAC IP) Panel, appointed by the Executive Committee of the Court of Arbitration for the term of January until 31 December 2016.
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) appointed as a member of the Panel of Arbitrators by the HKIAC Appointments Committee as of January 2015.
- Pacific International Arbitration Centre (PIAC) appointed as a member of the Panel of International Arbitrators by the PIAC Committee since June 2015.
- Centre for Arbitration & Consultancy Development (CACD) appointed as a member of the Panel of Arbitrators by the Executive Committee of CACD since 15 October 2015
Organization Activities :
American Bar Association (ABA); American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM); council member of the International Bar Association (IBA); the IBA's Human Rights Institute (HRI); member of the user's committee of the Erasmus Law Library; member of IKADIN (Indonesian Bar Association); member of the Governing Board of the National Law Commission (Komisi Hukum Nasional or KHN); Chairman of the Central Executive Board of Indonesian Advocate Association (PERADIN); Co-founder of International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)-Indonesia Committee; member of the Board of Trustees of the Indonesian Legal Aid Foundation (YLBHI); member of East Asia Branch of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb); Home Base Lecturer at the Law Faculty of Pelita Harapan University in Karawaci, Tangerang since 1996 up to now.
English, Dutch and Indonesian.
Practice Areas :
Civil and criminal litigation; corporate law; intellectual property rights; labour and employment law; alternative dispute resolution and arbitration.